Some possible reasons for your Subaru Starlink app is not working include:
|Problems with Bluetooth Connectivity||Try deleting device or reset the system|
|Complications in the Subaru App||Free up device space, check internet connection|
|App Remote Control Issue||Restart the app|
|White or Black Screen Problem||Force Stop the app, or reinstall it|
|Login or Account-Related Issues||Check for error message|
|Loading Problems with Audio and Video||Recheck internet speed|
|Difficulty with App Notifications||Look if the notification is silenced|
|Unresponsive Subaru Eyesight||Keep the glass and windshield clean|
Fixing these issues can solve the headache of Subaru Starlink not working. Let’s get started with this article for all the additional solutions.
- Bluetooth connectivity and remote control problems can be resolved by troubleshooting steps like device deletion and software updates.
- If the display is white or black, restart the app, force stop, or even reinstall it to solve the problem.
- Login or account-related issues can be because of server issues or wrong login data. Make sure your net connection is strong and take a look for error messages.
- Audio and video loading problems may be related to the phone’s volume or internet connection. Checking these factors can resolve it.
- Eyesight technologies can be affected by sunlight or dirt on the camera, so keep the camera clean for proper functionality.
Problem and Solutions for Starlink Not Working
So, the common problems and solutions of Subaru Starlink are given below:
Reason 1: Subaru Starlink Bluetooth Issue
Many Subaru owners face a common problem with their car’s Bluetooth connection. This causes three main issues:
- It stops Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and phone calls from working properly.
- Bluetooth text messaging doesn’t work well. Starlink often can’t download your text messages or receive new ones.
- Some users find that their car forgets the mobile devices it was previously connected to.
Solution: Solve Bluetooth Issues
Subaru has been trying to fix issues with its Starlink infotainment system, but it hasn’t been very successful so far. Many Subaru owners visit local car repair shops to get the problem fixed.
If you’re facing Bluetooth problems with Subaru Starlink, you can try a few things before going to a repair shop:
- Delete the Device: If you’re having trouble with calls, try deleting your phone from the system and reconnecting it. This might help with Subaru Bluetooth pairing issues. Also, consider turning off the Handoff app on your Apple device before reconnecting.
- Reset the System: Doing a reset can fix the problem too. Here’s how to do it for a Subaru Forester’s infotainment system:
- Find the volume, CD-eject, and scroll/tune buttons.
- Press and hold all three buttons for approximately 10 seconds.
- The display now should turn off and then back on in a few seconds, completing the reset.
- If it takes too long to reboot, press the power button and turn the system on.
- Connection Method: If your device and car stereo try to connect at the same time, it leads to signal drops. Change the mode of connection on the car’s screen to “From Device.” This will make your mobile phone handle the connection after the initial pairing, which should reduce connection problems.
- Update with Latest Firmware: Make sure you have the latest Subaru Starlink firmware updates. To do this:
- Connect the stereo to Wi-Fi and ensure if system clock is okay.
- Go to the app, at the end of the page, select “Check for Updates.”
- If there’s any new update, Download it. Install the update.
- The system will reboot multiple times during the update, so keep the car on.
- When it’s done, you’ll see a caution pop-up. Tap “I Agree” and try pairing your phone again to check for the resolve.
- Check Your Phone’s Compatibility: Some phones may not work well with Subaru Starlink. Try with different devices to check if the problem continues.
If all of these do not work, you can also try the following steps:
- Try off and on method with the Bluetooth on your phone.
- Remove unwanted/unused devices.
- Remove any vehicles you no longer use from your iPhone’s Carplay settings.
- Make sure your iPhone or Android device has the latest operating system.
- Turn on the “Allow CarPlay While Locked” setting on your iOS device if you use CarPlay.
These fixes would potentially fix Bluetooth problems with Subaru Starlink .
Reason 2: Subaru Corporation App Issue
If your Subaru app is not working smoothly, these might be the possible reasons:
- Your phone is running lots of background apps or doesn’t have enough memory, and the app might not open.
- The app’s server might be down due to power issues.
- If multiple people try to use the app, it can slow down or crash.
- The device’s internet connection may not be strong enough.
Solution: Fix The App
- To fix the memory issue, close other apps, stop any big downloads, and then try opening the app again.
- In case of server issues or slowing, just wait about 30 minutes to an hour, then open the app again.
- Make sure you have a strong internet connection when you open the app. Check if your mobile data is on, or use Wi-Fi if you can.
Reason 3: App Remote Control Not Working
A common problem with Subaru is the remote control might not respond or stop working completely. This may cause a similar hassle when the Subaru key fob is not working. Here are the easy fixes:
Solution: Fix The Remote Control
If you’re having trouble with the remote control features of Starlink, here’s what you can do:
- Log out of the site and close the mobile app.
- Make sure the app is completely stopped or closed.
- Restart the app
- Try logging in again.
Sometimes, the app and website may not clearly show that you’re logged out, so check for that as well.
Reason 4: White or Black Screen Problem
While opening the Subaru app, you might encounter a problem where the screen is either completely white or black. This happens because of errors in the app or its software.
Solution: Fix The Screen Issue
Here are some easy-to-follow steps to fix this screen issue:
- If it’s a temporary problem, close the Subaru app, and then open it again.
- You can force the Subaru Starlink app to stop. Find the app in your phone’s settings and Force Stop it.
- Hard reboot the phone by “press and hold” the power and home buttons together for 10 seconds, then release them. Afterward, turn your phone back on and try opening the Subaru app again.
- Also wait until the device’s battery completely runs out, causing it to turn off. Once it’s off, plug it in to charge, and then turn it on again. The app might start working after this.
- If none of these methods work, you can try uninstalling the Subaru app and then reinstalling it. Usually, this will fix the problem. If any of this still doesn’t work, consider installing an older version of the Subaru app.
Additional Fixes If Your Subaru Starlink Stops Working
Besides these common problems, here are some extra fixes for those problems you might face.
Login or Account-Related Issues
If you’re having trouble logging in or with your account, follow these steps:
- Make sure your Wi-Fi or mobile data is working well.
- It might be a Subaru Starlink server issue. Close and reopen the app or try again later.
- Your account could be deactivated or banned for breaking the rules. Check for any error notification or message.
- Check if you’re giving any wrong login information.
Loading Problem with Audio and Video:
Having trouble with the app to play audio or video happens because of the phone’s volume or internet connection. These tips may help you.
- Use headphones to see whether the problem is with the phone’s speakers or the Starlink app.
- If your videos are not loading, check the connection and speed of internet.
- If your internet is slow, videos may take a long time to download or not work at all. Consider using satellite internet.
Difficulty with App Notifications:
If you’re not getting notifications on your Subaru Starlink app, here’s what you might be doing wrong:
- Notifications are not showing as they might be turned off. Open your apps and find the app notifications. Make sure they are turned on if they’re not already.
- You may also not hear the notifications because you accidentally silenced the app’s notification sounds. In settings, check if you unconsciously turned off the notification sounds. If they’re on mute, turn them back on.
Unresponsive Subaru Eyesight:
Subaru’s Eyesight technology has smart safety features to lower accident risk and help car drivers. It works by watching the road and traffic with a special camera behind the windshield. If your Subaru Eyesight is not working well, these could be the reasons:
- Bright sunlight, dirt, heavy rain, snow, or thick fog on the camera or windshield, makes it hard to see. Clean it properly to solve this issue.
- A greasy film on the glass or something near the glass could be causing reflections. Clean the glasses regularly to prevent this problem. You can use windshield or glass cleaner to do this.
- Check if anything in front of the camera or something inside your car is blocking the windshield and fix it.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
What does my Subaru app do?
The Subaru app provides several useful services for your car. It helps to lock and unlock the car from a distance. With the Starlink feature, it helps you with navigation and entertainment. Not just the car owner, but anyone who has the app can find important stuff about the car.
How much does my Subaru app cost?
The Subaru app is free to get on your phone, but to use Starlink’s special service, you need to pay. The subscription cost varies on the features you need.
Do I need to software update the Starlink app?
You might need to update the software if your phone isn’t working well because of the connection issue. Restart your phone and check if your car needs a software update. You need to wait for a software update from the car company to fix the issue. Visit the dealership store if needed.
We hope now you know all the fixes of why your Subaru Starlink is not working.
These fixes are quite easy to do, which will save you valuable time. However, if you are unsure about any of the fixes, contact your nearest dealer store to fix it professionally.